Certificate of Identity / Emergency Travel Document
Submissions are walk in, Monday - Friday between 12pm - 1pm.
Emergency travel documents are only issued within 7 days of departure to Uganda.
Applicants must have all documents printed out -
1. Fully completed Form G.
2. Two (2) identical passport size photographs (taken within the past 6 months, coloured, strictly on a plain white background, full front face view and a neutral facial expression with both eyes open and both ears visible).
3. Present expired passport/copy of expired passport/Ugandan National ID
4. If passport is lost, a Sworn Affidavit notarized by a solicitor, dated within six months.
Payments for the Certificate of Identity can be made through:
- Visiting: www.ura.go.ug
- Selecting: eServices
- Selecting: Payment Registration
- Selecting: Other NTR
- Entering: Applicant details under 'taxpayer details' - fields marked red are mandatory
- Selecting: The 'Ministry/Department/Agency' - 'Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control (National Citizenship and Immigration Control)'.
- Selecting: a) Certificate of Identity: Under 'taxhead name' select 'Certificate of Identity'
- Selecting: 'online payment options' under 'payment methods'
- Entering: Text from the given image
- Selecting: 'Accepting and Register'
- Selecting: 'ok' at the pop up window from ura.
- Selecting: The bank with which you wish to make payment under 'online payment summary'
- Noting: Your PRN under 'online payment summary'
- Applicants must print off and attach proof of payment to their passport application. PAYMENT CANNOT BE MADE AT UGANDA HIGH COMMISSION.
6. Cover letter requesting for Certificate of Identity, addressed to 'Uganda High Commissioner, London'
7. Attach a copy of your air ticket with departure date within seven days.