WHO QUALIFIES TO HOLD DUAL CITIZENSHIP IN UGANDA?
Any person holding Uganda citizenship and seeks citizenship of another country that allows dual citizenship and also fulfills the requirements for dual nationality
Any person who holds a citizenship of a country that permits dual nationality and also seeks Uganda citizenship and satisfies the requirements for grant of dual citizenship
WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES FOR RETAINING THE CITIZENSHIP OF UGANDA WHEN ONE ACQUIRES CITIZENSHIP OF ANOTHER COUNTRY?
A citizen of Uganda who desires to acquire the citizenship of another country while retaining his/her citizenship of Uganda must apply through the Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control on the following website: https://visas.immigration.go.ug/
- Click 'start new application'
- Under 'visa or permit type', select 'citizenship'
- Under 'category', select 'dual citizenship'
- Choose the relevant 'subcategory' which applies to you
- Make sure you have the relevant supporting documents listed
- Proceed with the application.
- Once you submit your application it is subject to approval.
- Once it's approved, payment can be made online or at most banks in Uganda at the cost of 200USD.
- Personalisation and issuance of your dual citizenship certificate can currently at this time only be done at Internal Affairs in Kampala.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What can be used as evidence for the requirement of evidence that the other country permits dual-citizenship?
Q. Where can i get a valid certificate of Good conduct?